Vision of CFR
The vision of Centre of Research (CFR) is to develop IFIM
Business School as a Centre of Excellence to carry out
management research. CFR will act as a catalyst to
disseminate the culture of research among the faculty and
students of the institute. It will also endeavour to
foster exchange of ideas among scholars of other
institutes of repute interested in carrying out research,
in the area of management. "
Mission of CFR
|The following are the mission oriented activities that
will make IFIM Business School as a Centre of Excellence
in management research:
- Encourage faculty members to take on Doctoral Work for
- As a VTU affiliated research center, oversee the research
activities regarding the PhD work under VTU, and encourage
faculty members to take up research guidance.
- Facilitate the research activities both theoretical and
empirical, that are relevant to the industry and
management studies in general.
- Facilitate in developing case studies and working papers
relevant to various disciplines of management.
- Encourage faculty members to attend and to organize
national and international seminars and conferences on
relevant management issues.
- Collaborate with the external bodies/organizations to
carry out research.
- Identify and procure databases (including on-line
subscriptions) and statistical packages required for
carrying out both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Encourage students to carry out industry-based research
and promoting them in various forums.
- Encourage faculty-student collaborative research to
present papers in various seminars and conferences of
national and international repute.
- Encourage in showcasing the research work done by both
faculty and students to the corporate world to promote
effective academy-industry interface.
- Bring innovation in delivery by carrying out research in
The centre has a governing body at the apex level,
consisting of representatives from IFIM as well as from
external academic experts. At the next level, the centre
has one or more committees to look into domain-specific
research activities which is proposed by faculty members,
students, and others from the industry and academic world.
Director - Research
The International Journal of Management Digest,
Institute of Finance and International Management
#8P & 9P, KIADB
Industrial Area, Electronics City, 1st Phase,
Tel: 91-80-41432888, 41432800