FOCUS, the management journal, is being
brought out by the Institute of Finance and
International Management (IFIM) with a view to
facilitating effective dissemination of information with
regard to various management issues and problem solving
methodology relevant for practising executives as well
as for academicians working in the field of management.
This is further to fosrer better understanding of the
theory and practice of management. More specifically the
coverage will include discussions on theories and
concepts, problem solving through consultancy
assignments, research papers based on industry studies
or findings ofresearch projects executed and also case
studies as an important tool for getting an insight into
the industry practices as well as to understand the
necessity for adopting to an integrated approach to
The following could be some representative topics or
focus areas for writing an article:
- Strategic issues, discussions, approaches with regard to
different functional Specialization
- Operations management
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Papers focusing on globalisation issues
- E-business and e-marketing
- Business process outsourcing
- Environmental management systems
- Service operations management
- Entrepreneurship and small business management
- Computer applications
- Human resources management
- Insurance, health, infrastructure management, etc
- Financial management
- Case studies related to the above topics
- Review articles on the state-of-the-art topics, issues,
subjects, concepts, strategies, Techniques and
The Refereeing Process
All the articles received by the journal will be first
reviewed by the Editor for their appropriateness and
completeness in terms of the requirement of the journal.
The articles, which meet the basic requirements, will be
reviewed by two referees conversant with the subject.
Once the papers are cleared by the referees, they will
go for final publication in the journal. This is keeping
in with the standards stipulated by any international
All the accepted manuscripts for the journal will-be
paid honorarium as follows:
- Articles and cases : Rs 3,000/- /case/article
- Articles/cases from abroad : $ l00/case/article
- Book reviews : Rs 1,000/- /book
|The editorial board comprises:
- Mr. Sanjay Padode, Secretary, Centre for
Developmental Education, Bangalore
- Dr. B. P. Pethiya, Director, IFIM,
- Dr. M. R. Gopalan, Director (Research),
IFIM, Bangalore, Chief Editor of the Journal
- Dr. Prakash Apte, Ex. Director, IIM
- Dr. Pankaj Chandra, Director, IIM
- Dr. S. Sadagopan, Director, IIIT
- Mr. Ramasubramanian, MD Eastcom Systems
Pte. Ltd, 12 Lorong Bakar Batu # 4-11,
Singapore 348745 Tel: (65) 841 3848, Fax:
(65) 841 3850
- Dr. C. Jayachandran, Professor &
Director, The Centre for International
Business, School of Business, Montclair
State University, Montclair, NJ 07043
- Dr. Namjae Cho, Director, Digital
Business & Management Center, HIT # 309,
Hanyang University, Seoul, 133-791, Korea.
- Prof. John Bicheno, Reader of Operations
Management Department, Business School,
University of Buckingham, U.K.
- Dr. Paul Swamidass, Director of Thomas
Walter Center for Technology Management,
Auburn University, USA.
- Dr. R. Balachandra, Professor,
Information, Operations and Analysis Group,
College of Business Administration,
Northeastern University, Boston, USA.
Editorial Representative for Outside India
- Dr. R. Nat Natarajan, Asst. Dean, W. E.
Mayberry Professor of Management, 407 B,
Hall, College of Business, Tennessee
Technological University, Cookeville, TN
38505, USA, is
our representative for outside India.
- Dr. V. Sridevi, Associate Professor,
Finance, IFIM Bangalore
- Dr. Kavita Mathad, Associate Professor,
Economics, IFIM Bangalore
- Prof. S. Manoharan, Assistant Professor,
Marketing, IFIM Bangalore
- Dr. G.G. Hegde, Associate Professor of
Business Administration, Katz Graduate
School of Business, USA, University of
- Mr. S. Suresh, Head of Software
Projects, Glaxo SmithKline, Mumbai.
- Prof. Ramesh Kumar, Professor of
Marketing, IIM, Bangalore.
- Dr. R. Nat Natarajan, Tennessee
Technological University, USA.
- Dr. Rishikesh Krishna, Professor, IIM,
- Dr. Mathew Manimala, Chairperson,
Organisational Behaviour and Human
Resources Management Area, IIM, Bangalore.
- Dr. Vasanthi Srinivasan, Chairperson,
Centre for Corporate Governance and
- Dr. Ravi Anshuman, Professor
of Finance & Editor IIMB Management Review,
- Dr. R. Srinivasan, Professor of Finance
& Control, IIM, Bangalore.
- Dr. Madhumita Chatterji, Prof. of
Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics,
- Dr. R. Nargundkar, Professor of
Marketing and Director, IMT Business School,