News & Events
IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL’S 18TH ANNUAL CONVOCATION
Bangalore, June 6th, 2014
The 18th Annual Convocation ceremony of IFIM Business School, Bangalore was graced by the presence of Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty - Former Deputy Governer of RBI as the Chief Guest, Padma Bhushan Mr. Ajai Chowdhry - Co-founder of HCL, Professor S. Sadagopan - Director, IIIT, Bangalore as the guests of honour.
The Convocation was declared open by Mr. V.B. Padode, Chairman, of the Centre for Developmental Education.
Dr. S Baskaran, Director of IFIM B-School delivered the Annual Report where he enlisted ten achievements of the institute in the past academic year, such as the introduction of the Analytics lab, the Finance lab, the Simulation Centre and a few others.
This was followed Dr. R.S. Nirjar’s welcome speech, who spoke briefly about new beginnings and the bond of the IFIM family.
The guest of honour Mr Ajai Chowdhry, was then welcomed on the dais. He instilled a sense of pride in the students by portraying the bright future which is ahead of them, revolving in a world of improved technology, brain scanning skills and nanotechnology. He urged the students to utilize the progress in Information technology to achieve their dreams.
The second guest of honour, Prof. S. Sadagopan, enthralled the audience by adding a unique angle to the IT sector by changing the acronym IT to “India’s Tomorrow” where the young graduates of the day hold the torch to a brighter tomorrow.
The convocation address was delivered by Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty, who spoke of the expectations from a true leader –“A leader must be able to deliver, for which they must have a vision, a strategy and a plan of action”. He threw light on the courage gap in today’s generation along with the necessity of not just being a graduate but being literates of the third generation. He enlightened the students of the wisdom and foresight which has been imparted to them by the institute, and concluded his address by elaborating on a quote by Leo Tolstoy – “Everyone wants to change the world, but no one wants to change themselves.”
The ceremony was continued by giving away awards to the meritorious students and presenting all the 183 graduates with their degrees. It was a joyous occasion for the students and a moment of pride for the parents to see the end result of their children’s transformational journey at IFIM.
- Dell award for the best student of PGDM - Mr. Reji Thomas
- Foretell Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd award for the best student of PGDM (finance )- Mr. Abhishek Kedia
- Barakat Group of Companies LLC award for the best student of PGDM (IB)- MR. Sravanthi Biroju
- Award for the topper PGDM (Working Professionals)- Ms. Megha Iyer
- Award for the topper PGDM (Working Professionals)- Ms. Partha Sarathi Das
- Madison Worls award for the best Marketing student - Ms. Tulasi R
- Juniper Networks award for the best Finance student - Mr. Reji Thomas
- Narayana Health Care award for the best HRM student - Ms. Surabhi Shanbhag
- Rak Ceramics award for excellence in coporate social responsibility - Mr. Taqueer MD. Iqbal
- P.inc women [email protected] Work award for the best girl student - Ms. Divya Elangovan
- Scotch & Water events award for the best IIP- Ms. Manisha Nand
- Tuv Rheinland award for the best all round Performance - Mr. Arko Mukherjee.