IFIM Business School
“FACE TO FACE” is a platform for everyone who is part of IFIM (students, faculty, staff, alumni, corporate & academia) to share experiences, information & get updates on news, events and other happenings at IFIM.
FOCUS, the management journal, is being brought out by the Institute of Finance and International Management (IFIM) with a view to facilitate effective dissemination of information with regard to various management issues and problem solving methodologies relevant for practising executives as well as for academicians working in the field of management. This is to foster a better understanding of the theories and practices of management. More specifically, the coverage will include discussions on theories and concepts, problem solving through consultancy assignments, research papers based on industry studies or on findings of research projects executed and case studies as an important tool for getting an insight into industry practices and to understand the need for adopting an integrated approach to problem solving.
The following could be some representative topics or focus areas for writing an article:
- Services marketing.
- Strategic issues, discussions, approaches with regard to different functional specialisation.
- Operations management.
- Logistics and supply chain management.
- Papers focusing on globalisation issues.
- E-business and e-marketing.
- Business process outsourcing.
- Environmental management systems.
- Service operations management.
- Entrepreneurship and small business management.
- Computer applications.
- Human resources management.
- Insurance, health, infrastructure management, etc.
- Financial management.
- Case studies related to the above topics.
- Review articles on the state-of-the-art topics, issues, subjects, concepts, strategies, Techniques and management approaches.
Guidelines for authors are available at
Frequency of publication: Biannual - April/ October
Views expressed in the articles are those of the respective authors. IFIM, Bangalore does not accept any responsibility and do not necessarily agree with the views expressed in the articles. All copyrights are respected. Every effort is made to acknowledge source material relied upon or referred to, but IFIM FOCUS journal does not accept any responsibility for any inadvertent omissions. Except as authorised, no part of the material published in IFIM FOCUS may be reproduced or stored in retrieval systems or used for commercial or other purposes. All rights reserved. Copies of published material from the journal may be obtained on prior permission for limited and specified reproduction sought on payment of prescribed charges.
The Refereeing Process
All articles received by the journal will be first reviewed by the Chief Editor for their appropriateness and completeness in terms of the requirement of the journal. Articles that meet the committee’s basic requirements will be reviewed by two referees conversant with the subject. Once the papers are cleared by the referees, they will go for final publication in the journal. This is keeping in with the standards stipulated by any international refereed journal.
Editorial Advisory Board
- Mr. Sanjay Padode, Secretary, Centre for Developmental Education, Bangalore
- Dr. Abhishek Nirjar, Director, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Githa Heggde, Chief Editor, Professor, Marketing and Dean (Research & International Relations), IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Eileen Peacock, Member of Board of Governors, IFIM Business School Bangalore, Former SVP and Chief Officer Asia Pacific at AACSB International
- Dr. R. Nat Natarajan, Asst. Dean, W.E. Mayberry Professor of Management, 407B, Johnson Hall, College of Business, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN 38505, USA.
- Dr. M. R. Gopalan, Member of Board of Governors, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Prakash Apte, Ex. Director, IIM Bangalore
- Dr. Pankaj Chandra, Ex. Director, IIM Bangalore
- Dr. S. Sadagopan, Director IIIT-Bangalore
- Dr. C. Jayachandran, Professor & Director, Center for International Business, School of Business, Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ 07043
- Dr. Namjae Cho, Director, Digital Business & Management Center, Hanyang University, Seoul, 133-791, Korea
- Prof. John Bicheno, Reader of Operations Management Department, Business School, University of Buckingham, U.K.
- Dr. Paul Swamidass, Director of Thomas Walter Center for Technology Management, Auburn University, USA
- Dr. R. Balachandra, Professor, Information, Operations and Analysis Group, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University, Boston, USA
Editorial Review Board
- Dr. Hooshang M. Beheshti, Professor of Operations Management(Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Promotion Management (ABDC ‘B’), Radford University, USA
- Dr. B Rajeshkumar, Professor/Program Chair-EMBA/BSBA, Institute of Management Technology, Dubai
- Dr. H. Gazi Ozhan, Professor of Economics, Ankara University, Turkey
- Dr. Meral Ozhan, Professor of Economics, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Dr. Soumendra K.Dash, Principal Risk Officer, African Development Bank, HQs, Tunisia
- Dr R. Bremananth, Associate Professor and Head of IST Department, Sur University College, Oman
- Dr. Aykut Hamit Turan, Associate Professor, School of Management, Sakarya University, Turkey
- Dr. Rajeev Kumar Panda, Assistant Professor, School of Management, NIT Rourkela, Odisha
- Dr S. Porkodi, Faculty Member and Coordinator – HR, Department of Business Administration, Higher College of Technology, Oman
- Dr. Samir Ranjan, Dean Academics, Professor-Finance, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Nitin Balwani, Dean Planning & Development, Professor - Finance, IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- Dr. R. Satish Kumar, Professor - Marketing, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. A. M. Sakkthivel, Professor - Marketing, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Madhumita Guha Majumder, Professor & Chairperson, Centre of Excellence – Analytics, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Srividya Raghavan, Associate Professor-Marketing, Chairperson-Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma, Associate Editor, Assistant Professor-HRM, IFIM Business School Bangalore
- Dr. Sasmita Giri, Assistant Professor-Finance, IFIM Business School Bangalore
Editorial Representative Outside India
- Dr. R. Nat Natarajan, Asst. Dean, W.E. Mayberry Professor of Management, 407B, Johnson Hall, College of Business, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN 38505, USA.
Editorial Committee (Operations):
- Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma Associate Editor ,Assistant Professor-HRM , IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Dr.K.Srinivas Rao Dean-Academics, IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Prof. Chowdari Prasad, Dean (Planning & Development), IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Dr. Sridevi, Professor of Finance & Associate Dean (Academics), IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Prof. Ramesh Kumar, Professor of Marketing, IIM Bangalore.
- Dr. Nat Natarajan, Tennessee Technological University, USA.
- Dr. Rishikesh Krishna, Director, IIM Indore.
- Dr. Mathew Manimala, Ex-Professor, IIM Bangalore.
- Dr. Vasanthi Srinivasan, Chairperson, Centre for Corporate Governance and Citizenship.
- Dr. Ravi Anshuman, Professor of Finance & Editor IIMB Management Review, IIM Bangalore.
- Dr. R. Srinivasan , Professor of Finance & Control, IIM Bangalore.
- Dr. R. Nargundkar, Professor of Marketing, IIM Indore.
- Prof. Rahul Gupta Choudhury, Associate Professor- Marketing, IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Prof. M H Sharieff, Associate Professor, IB & Strategy Area, IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma Associate Editor, Assistant Professor-HRM , IFIM Business School Bangalore.
- All papers submitted by authors will be reviewed by the members of the referee panel.
- Soft copies of the paper should be in MS Word format and should be sent to the Editor through e-mail. The text should be double-spaced.
- The front page should include the following :
- The title of the paper.
- Name of the authors.
- Complete address for communication.
- Name of the author to whom the communication should be sent e.E-mail address of all authors.
- Brief background of the authors including the present position held.
- Following the front page, there should be a page giving an abstract of the paper (within 100 words).
- Tables and charts should appear at the end of the text indicating the likely place in the text where it is to appear. All tables and charts should be numbered serially.
- List of references should appear on a separate page as per the format indicated below.
- Reference citations in the text should appear, for example, as Gopalan (2000).
- Specifications of the format for reference material used in text:
Articles in Journals:
Beardsley, T, 1995, 'For Whom the Bell Curve Really Tolls', Scientific American, Vol 272, No 1, Jan, pp 14-17
John Bicheno and M R Gopalan, 2000 'A Management Guide to Quality and Productivity', New Delhi, Wheeler Publications.
Chapter in Books:
Bhattacharyya, Asish K, 2004, 'Corporate Financial Reporting' in Reed and Mukherjee, eds, Corporate Governance, 'Economic Reforms and Development', pp 94-115
Gerwig, K, and R Carlson, 2001, 'AT&T & Comcast: Dividing Their Businesses to Conquer', Current Analysis, Dec 20 http://www.currentanalysis.com/Compete/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCOMPETE%2fCommon%2fHome.aspx Last accessed on Jan 24, 2004.
- Authors should give a declaration that papers sent to us for publication have not been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
- In addition to the soft copy of the paper, two hard copies should also be sent to the editor to facilitate the reviewing process.
- For feedback please mail us @ [email protected]
Social Immersion Project (SIP)
SIP, a unique initiative of IFIM Business School, sensitizes students to the needs of the community and enables to identify their social problems through research. Students will learn to design solutions for social problems through a Techno Economic Viability (TEV) study, thereby enabling sustainable social positive and measurable impact - all this by completely immersing into the community. IFIM has established a CSR Centre known as the V.B. Padode Centre for Sustainability. The SIP initiative falls under the umbrella of this Centre. The Social Immersion Program will begin in Term 2 and end along with Term 3. The institution has tied up with NGO’s across India who work closely with students throughout the project. These NGOs are specialists in Social Research and in solving Social Problems.
- To empathize with social issues and feel responsible for solving them.
- To develop critical thinking, analytical and quantitative reasoning skills.
- To hone problem solving and decision making abilities.
- To work cohesively in teams, adjust and adapt towards a common goal.
- To enhance communication skills especially persuasive communication.
- To empathize and understand social issues and problems.
- To offer solutions those are measurable with social impact on society.
- To develop/augment an attitude of ‘giving back’ to society.
- To hone research skills of designing research tools, collecting, collating and organizing data.
- To develop critical thinking, and problem solving ability in a frugal and constrained environment.
- To work cohesively in teams and develop inter personal skills.
- To enhance verbal, presentation and report writing skills.
- To adapt one’s lifestyle to suit the prevailing environment.
- To develop the confidence to solve challenges and problems.
- To learn business, corporate and social etiquette.
The Immersion Pathway
The Immersion Pathway is built on IFIM’s philosophy of making a positive social change. These are key learnings are as follows
Every project is unique
SIP has been designed to give every student team tools to achieve their goals. Each community, need and project is unique and these tools will need to be applied with that unique context in mind.
Making a massive difference is HARD
Some days might be boring and repetitive, but are necessary to make a meaningful change in the community. Students are advised to remember the end goal and keep persevering.
The communities are customers, not beneficiaries
It is critical that we see the members of the community whom we are trying to serve as customers rather than as beneficiaries. This gives the community more autonomy over the solution and ensures that the solution is something the community actually wants. Therefore, students are encouraged to use research skills to arrive at the ‘social problem’ and management skills of determining a ‘sustainable’ business solution are critical.
Poverty is not just about money
It is believed, that to truly affect a meaningful change in a person’s life, we need to understand their lives holistically. The traditional measurement of ‘Rs. X per day’ cannot adequately capture the full effect of a life lived without opportunity. With experience in working with different communities, it is found that ‘Needs’ can revolve around certain key areas, which have been captured in the Social Impact Wheel.
The Social Impact Wheel
IFIM Toastmasters Club
About Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International (TI) is a nonprofit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for helping members improve their communication, public speaking, and leadership skills. Their membership is more than 332,000 numbers. Members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 15,400 clubs in 135 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations. The world needs leaders. Leaders head families, coach teams, run businesses and mentor others. These leaders must not only accomplish, they must communicate. By regularly giving speeches, gaining feedback, leading teams and guiding others to achieve their goals in a supportive atmosphere, leaders emerge from the Toastmasters program.
Members of the club learn how to:
- Deliver effective speeches and presentations
- Easily lead teams and conduct meetings
- Give and receive constructive evaluations
- Be better listeners
Toastmasters Clubs provide regularly scheduled and structured meetings to meet with other members looking to improve public speaking skills.
If you want to overcome your fear of speaking, and you are not in a hurry to do so, then Toastmasters is a peer-to-peer learning forum, which will suit you well. You could also get some inputs on leadership if you take up a role on the committee and you refer to the manual for that role. Keep in mind that Toastmasters is a Peer-to-Peer Learning organization. If you want to learn how to overcome your fear of public speaking and you have the time to do so over six months or a year, then you should consider the option of TM because the fees are also reasonable.
About IFIM Toastmasters Club
A platform from which one can practice public speaking in an actualized setting. That is to say, rather than practicing speeches in front of a mirror, IFIM Toastmasters club allows you to work on your presentation skills in front of a real audience, with challenges. This can be invaluable to improving as a public speaker.
First, everyone wants to see you do well at Toastmasters. No one laughs. No one points at you. They want you to grow and succeed. Each meeting, everyone welcomes you with a friendly face. It is a safe, positive and encouraging environment. Another great thing about Toastmasters is that you can move at your own pace. You do not have to make speeches or participate in discussions until you are ready. There are many shy people in Toastmasters. Therefore, there is a mutual understanding of what you are going through. Did you know that some of the best speakers in the world are shy and introvert? Check the power of introverts by Susan Cain, for example.
Finally, we urge anyone who believes that a little more confidence would do them good to visit our Toastmasters club.
Being at the center of Electronic City IFIM Toastmasters’ Club has been able to tap the best that electronic city has to offer. It is able to attract the best of speech mentors, speech evaluators from Infosys, Wipro, Yokogawa, Siemens, CGI, Tech Mahindra, Deutsche Bank, Mecon and many more clubs in Electronics City. You also get to compete against the top guns of the International Speech level contest.
One of the unwritten rule while doing PGDM is networking. Sticking to your own area will not make you a diversified knowledgeable creature. To have savior faire in a field such as PGDM, one should have knowledge of every other area. Networking not only ensures you have rich quality of friends but also ensures learning. This is what IFIM Toastmasters’ club promises its members.
IFIM Toastmasters’ Club - Since Oct,2015
Toastmaster Vidhi Sharma is first ever to unlock and achieve the prestigious TRIPLE CROWN award on behalf of IFIM Toastmasters’ Club in the month of April,2017.
IFIM Toastmasters’ Club completed successfully 50 weekly meetings in the month of February and 51st meeting happened on the 500th DAY, since the CLUB got chartered with all the seasoned toastmasters of IFIM and the members of various clubs in electronic city.
IFIM Toastmasters' Club, Bangalore has successfully become a distinguished club in district 92 and also won the following recognitions :
- Win it to pin it
- Spirit of 92
- Rising Star Award
“Understanding comes through communication, and through communication we find the way of peace”
- Dr. Ralph C. Smedley
Founder, Toastmasters International
"Truly speaking from the bottom of my heart, I used to be an introvert and a shy guy but not anymore. Practice makes better. Public speaking is a skill that takes time, effort and repetition. The Toastmasters program works to build up your confidence through repetition and positive feedback.There were bountiful occasions when encouraged by seasoned toastmasters from various corporate clubs,
despite my blunders during the speech and evaluated in a critical way (Positive Criticism using Sandwich Technique). Finally, I would like to state that capabilities come by the virtue of measurement and gradual upgradation, whereas the only weapon to succeed at any point of life is Self Confidence - This is the single most important benefit one can reap from active involvement in toastmasters. We the office bearers and toastmasters of IFIM are committed and determined to become a president's distinguished club by 2017 and a golden gavel club in the years to come, by thus brand IFIM B-school to the pinnacle of management education.”
President IFIM Toastmasters' Club
October 15th, 16th and 17th , 2014
Hotel Crowne Plaza, Electronics City, Bangalore
The 15th Annual Conference of the Asian Academic Accounting Association hosted by IFIM B School will create a platform for accounting professionals to present research papers, and participate in round table discussions based on the theme “Accounting and Accountability”. The conference will have participation from well-known international and national accounting scholars, distinguished academicians, practitioners and members of professional bodies.
The conference will be hosted by IFIM Business School, Bangalore, India. IFIM Business School is one of the leading business schools in India, and is promoted by Dalal Street Investment Journal group.
Papers are invited in the areas of
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Transfer Pricing
- Cost Management
- Forensic Accounting
- IFRS and Accounting Standards
- Financial Reporting and Communication Methodologies
- Information Technology in Accounting
Besides above areas, any other interdisciplinary area with accounting will be considered.
- Abstract along with final paper should be submitted by July 30th 2014
- Acceptance notification to authors: July 30th 2014
- Submission of revised papers and final draft : August 15th 2014
- Early bird registration: August 15th 2014
- Last date for registration: October 1st 2014
- Day 1: Wednesday, 15th October 2014, Doctoral colloquium – At IFIM Campus
- Day 2: Thursday, 16th October 2014, Inauguration followed by concurrent paper presentations, round table discussions and grand dinner - Hotel Crowne Plaza, Electronics city, Bangalore
- Day 3: Friday,17th October 2014, Concurrent paper presentations, AAAA AGM followed by Valedictory - At IFIM Campus
- Day 4: Saturday, 18th October 2014, Post conference tour (optional)
Paper submission procedure
- A soft copy of the paper should be submitted. The text of the paper will be in double space, 12 font, Times New Roman, keeping a margin of one inch on three sides. MS Word 2003 for Windows (.doc format) is required. Each paper should be preferably within 5000 words including tables and references, in addition to an abstract of not more than 500 words in a separate page.
- There should be a separate title page on each paper giving details of author/s, affiliation, address, telephone numbers and e-mail of one of the author for contacting.
- Paper presentation will take place in concurrent sessions and abstract of each accepted paper will be published in the conference proceedings (optional) .
- The submission of a paper for review means the author certifies that the manuscript is not copyrighted, and has not been published elsewhere. Therefore, a declaration must be submitted, along with the paper, by the author(s) to this effect.
- Papers submitted for presentation will be subject to blind review and the decision of the Scientific Committee will be final. Two best papers will be selected for award (citation and cash) from among the accepted papers.
- Papers can be submitted as word document attachments, and mail them to - [email protected]
PhD Students from India : Rs. 2000
PhD Students from abroad : US$ 275
Academicians from India : Rs. 4000
Academicians from abroad : US$ 300
Corporate participants : Rs. 5000
The main venue for the conference is hotel Crowne Plaza, Electronics city, Bangalore. The hotel is conveniently located in Electronics city, very close to IFIM Business School. Assistance in finding accommodation will be provided on request.
For more details write to: [email protected]
Hotels present in Electronics City, close to the IFIM Campus are -
- Crowne Plaza, Bangalore: For more details, visit:
Room tariff: Rs. 7000.00 - Rs. 8000.00 (approximately)
- Lemon Tree Hotels: For more details, visit:
Room tariff: Rs. 3500.00 - Rs. 4000.00 (Single Sharing) Rs. 2000.00 - Rs. 2500.00 (Double Sharing)
- Keys Hotel: For more details, visit:
Room tariff: Rs. 2800.00- Rs. 3500.00
Contact Person: Mr. Karthik, Mob: 9900039052
Students of IFIM Business School awarded post graduate degrees by Sri. Nandan Nilekani
The 19th Annual Convocation highlighted the importance of navigating effectively through the current scenario of our country and also enumerates on the three crucial life lessons.
IFIM, Bangalore's No.1 private Business School*, conducted its 19th Annual Convocation on Tuesday, August 11, 2015. Sri. Nandan Nilekani, the former Chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India presided over the gathering and stressed upon the importance of navigating effectively through the current scenario of our country. Also present on the momentous occasion, as the Guests of Honor, was Shri. Sudhanshu Shekar Singh, Chief Operating Officer – Analytics & Research-Genpact and Shri M L Shanmukh Director-HR, Bharat Electronics Ltd.
The lighting of the lamp signified the commencement of the august function. A total of 141 PGDM students of the 2013-15 batch were awarded their post-graduate degrees by Sri Nandan Nilekani, while top performers of the batch were bestowed with awards for excellence in various fields.
The ceremony was also graced by several dignitaries from the corporate world, the Academic Governing Board of IFIM, parents of the graduating students along with the alumni of the institute.
Addressing the eager students at the 19th Annual IFIM Business School convocation, Dr Madhumita Chatterji, Director said, "In today’s world, every student needs to develop certain skill sets that are required to become a successful manager as competition has become intense. The various facets of becoming a good manager entails being a good leader, having the ability to learn on the job, operate in multi-cultural teams as well as being a good communicator."
Congratulating all the students on the occasion, Shri V.B Padode, Chairman IFIM Business School, said, "This year has been one of the most satisfying years for the institute in terms of overall performance by the batch. We have had excellent results academically. This year, IFIM has also witnessed some of the best companies in the country visiting us as recruiters and absorbing a sizeable portion of our students. We are proud of our twenty year heritage"
The placement cycle saw 100% placement of students in companies across varied sectors visit the campus, ranging from banking majors, retail leaders to analytics and IT companies. Some of these prestigious organizations include Britannia, SBI, TIME, Dell, Boston Technologies, KPMG, Nestle, amongst others. The Convocation came to a close with a buzz of cheer and excitement as the students threw their hats up to celebrate the occasion.
NAMAN 2014 - A TRIBUTE TO CINEMA IN THE WORLD OF MANAGEMENT AND CULTURE > OVERVIEW
For Details: http://www.ifimnaman.com/
NAMAN 2013 - A TRIBUTE TO INDIAN CIVILIZATION > OVERVIEW
IFIM Business School presents “NAMAN 2013 - National Management and Cultural Festival" a tribute to Indian Civilization.
NAMAN is planned to be two days splendid celebrations with management as well as cultural events. Naman 2013 is open to all and gets wider communication and publicity across the country through personal presentations, print, radio, TV and online media. More than 1000+ participants across India including students from 30+ colleges, 50+ corporate and celebrities etc. are expected to be an integral part of NAMAN.
Date: September 6th & 7th, 2013
Venue: IFIM Business School
#8P & 9P, KIADB Industrial area
Electronics City, Phase 1
Bangalore - 560100
Tel (O): 080- 41432800 / 888
Fax: 080- 41432844
Email: [email protected]
Naman-2015 is a flagship management and cultural fest of IFIM Business School. This year, being the 20th inception year of IFIM, students had left no stone unturned to organize the best competitions, prizes and celebrities when compared to its previous editions. A two-day panorama of talent, Naman’15 witnessed the congregation of top colleges and corporates from all across India.
IFIM Business School’s premier management and cultural fest Naman-2015 was held on the 11th and 12th of September this year, honoring the theme and tagline of Air warfare – “A Quest to conquer the skies”. Naman-2015 reflected the spirit of youth and provided a platform for the students to showcase their talent in various spheres that covered the versatile aspects of Management and cultural performances. For the Management enthusiasts, there was a multitude of management extravaganza competitions such as in Best Manager, Business Quiz, Business Plan powered by NASSCOM, Marketing and Finance. The Cultural section comprised of Group Dances and a glamorous Fashion Show.
When asked about this unique theme, the IFIM Student Cultural Head Mr Tharun Shastry said “Air warfare is the use of military aircraft and other flying machines in warfare in order to protect the interests of a nation. In business, air warfare techniques can be implemented for effective management and efficient functioning of an organization. Because of this distinctive theme, we witnessed an overwhelming participation at Naman, truly living up to its reputation as a Management, Cultural and Musical extravaganza.”
The icing on the cake was the musical night featuring “The Raghu Dixit Project” on 12th September 2015 where the audience relived the tunes of breathtaking Contemporary folk music. This concert also emphasized on IFIM’s CSR initiative since it was a comprehensive fund raiser show where 100% of the profits generated were donated to the cause of “Save the girl child”. Big congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all the participants and sponsors of IFIM Naman 2015. Special acknowledgement towards Associate Partner Startup curation, Radio Partner Radio City, Ticketing Partner bookmyshow, Trophy Partner Trophy Kart, and Refreshment partner Bisleri.
IFIM in association with OXFAM India & S.A.F.E supports the cause to Save the Girl Child.
IFIM Business School Bangalore, in association with OXFAM India & S.A.F.E (Students Against Female Exploitation), an organisation formed by the students of IFIM, is going to conduct a walkathon for the cause: 'Save the Girl Child’ on 8th March 2015, Sunday morning at State Central Library Campus, Cubbon Park. The 5K run will be flagged off at 6 30 am. The Guest of Honour is Mr.Ananth Kumar, Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers and a few more celebrities. Kanyathon 2015 is one of its kind event as it is a fundraiser for a good cause being organized by students themselves, who promote social responsibility.
This unique initiative, being held on International Women’s Day, is expected to attract approximately 3000+ Bangaloreans from all walks of life. The participants of both genders, varying from students to working professionals, will start and end the run at Cubbon Park, covering a distance of 5 km in total. IFIM has been successfully organizing Kanyathon for the past 3 years. It was originally started in 2011.
According to the recent UNICEF report, there is a drastic decline in the sex-ratio ironically in the richest states of India with the country having lost over one crore girls since 2007. One stark and obvious result of female foeticide is the low proportion of women in some of India’s states. Taking this into consideration, IFIM along with OXFAM India and S.A.F.E shall organize the Kanyathon, as an awareness drive to curb female feticide. The three major objectives for Kanyathon 2015 are Save the Girl Child, Women Empowerment and Awareness against Female Exploitation.
Participants are required to register online by visiting :
http://www.ifimkanyathon.com/ and pay Rs 250/- The proceeds of the event will be used for the cause of ‘Female Safety’. On registration, the participants will be given Rs 250/- e-gift coupon from Voonik which can be redeemed on their website. Every participant will also be given a certificate along with energy drinks & refreshments.
Please support the event on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kanyathon/756625317767061?fref=ts
Annual Walkathon to ‘Save the Girl Child’
IFIM Business School, in association with S.A.F.E. (Students Against Female Exploitation), an organization formed by the dynamic students of IFIM, conducted a walkathon for the cause: 'Save the Girl Child' on 8th September 2013.
This unique initiative attracted close to 400 people from all walks of life. The participants, varying from students to working professionals, started and ended the walk at IFIM, covering a distance of 4.1km. Apart from the walkathon, a marathon of 8.2km was organized along with drawing competition for children, a costume walk for teenagers, speech on breast cancer awareness, exclusive dance performance, exclusive stunts by the Procycle team and a free health check-up camp, organized by Mazumdar Shaw Cancer care centre.
The event was graced by the Bengaluru FC football team, owned by the JSW group, led by Mr. Ashley Westwood, head coach and ex Manchester United Footballer. Among the other guests of honor were, Mrs. Radha Murthy, Vice President, India Hockey Federation and Karnataka State Hockey Federation, Brigadier Naidu and Mr. Babu S, Bangalore Police.
S.A.F.E. (Students Against Female Exploitation) Movement was officially launched on the 16th of February, 2013. S.A.F.E. intends to change the mindset of the people and to sensitize them towards respect for women. Since students are the future of the country, a movement of the students, by the students and for the students is expected to have a great impact. By changing the mindsets of young students, we not only ensure short-term safety, but also ensure safety for women across the nation for generations to come. The initiative is not limited to IFIM, but in the near future IFIM students would like to spread this movement to every other college and student body.
IFIM Institutions celebrated its 21st Founder’s Day
Monday 29th February 2016, Established in 1995, IFIM Institutions celebrated its 21st Founder’s Day in the presence of industry stalwarts Mr. Krishnamurthy Shankar – Executive Vice President and Group Head of HRD, Infosys and Dr. Bhaskar Ghosh – Group Chief Executive, Accenture Technology Delivery, Accenture
IFIM Business School on the occasion of the Founder’s Day launched the 21st year celebrations with the theme of ‘The Best Industry Connect’. The Chief Guest present was Mr. Krishnamurthy Shankar, EVP, Group Head, HRD, Infosys and the Guest of Honor was Dr. Bhaskar Ghosh, Group Chief Executive Accenture Technology. Joining them on stage were Shri. V.B. Padode, Chairman - Centre for Developmental Education (CDE) and Chief Editor - Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ), Dr. Madhumita Chatterji, Director IFIM Business School, Mr. Shrikant NR, MD-HR, Accenture Technology, Ms. Anu Raghavan, Mahindra Retail HR Head and Prof. M.S. Lakshminarayanan Director- University Education. The celebrations began with Dr. Srividya Raghavan, host for the event introducing to the audience about the special guests and calling upon Dr. Madhumita Chatterji to initiate the proceedings. Dr. Madhumita Chatterji started with a brief presentation on IFIM institutions along with awards and recognitions achieved till date. She expressed the dream of IFIM institutions to be the first Management University in India.
With this, she handed over the stage to Shri. V.B.Padode, who enlightened the students with good deeds of the current Prime Minister and did not let any student embed in themselves with anti national sentiments as per the recent ongoing fiasco in the capital. Dr. Bhaskar Ghosh spoke next and imparted students with the knowledge on how to get selected in their dream jobs, including tips on sustaining and succeeding in the competitive world.
He encouraged students to innovate, improve and know about their strengths to be their own flag bearer. Mr. Krishnamurthy praised the faculty and founder members of IFIM stating that the academia- interface at IFIM is commendable, as it has contributed to student’s knowledge and made them industry - ready. He also added that enthusiasm, ability to learn, conceptual thinking and collaborating are the essential qualities one needs to build to be ahead of the curve in this changing world.
After the guests completed their speeches, it was time for the awards ceremony where Ms. P. Mutthulakshmi - Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce won the best faculty award from IFIM College and Prof. Rahul Gupta Chowdhury – Associate Professor, Marketing won the same from IFIM Business School. The best staff award was bagged by Ms. Bindushree Priyadarshini.
The highlight of the event was the handing over of the cheque worth Rs 2,00,000/- to the NGO Nanhi kali. This amount was raised during IFIM’s CSR event ‘Kanyathon- a walk to save the girl child’ which was handed over to Ms. Anu Raghavan, Mahindra Retail HR Head and Mr. Jaywardhan from the NGO Nanhi kali.
Soon after, it was the time for vote of thanks which was delivered by Prof. M.S.Lakshminarayan. He thanked all the guests, founder, teaching and non-teaching staff and the students for making the event a success. He eulogized the founder’s visionary zeal for keeping the IFIM flag high and believing in the students. The event was wrapped up with a breathtaking cultural event where students from different IFIM Institutions showcased their talent.
ABOUT IFIM INSTITUTIONS, BANGALORE
IFIM Institutions consists of a conglomerate of world class educational institutions including the prestigious IFIM Business School, IFIM College, IFIM Law College, IFIM Institute of Social Science and IFIM Centre for Distance Learning. IFIM Business School, Bangalore, is a 21 year old institution and is one of the top business schools in India. It has been consistently ranked as ‘Bangalore’s No. 1 Private B-School’. IFIM offers 3 core programs- PGDM, PGDM (Finance) and PGDM (International Business). It is promoted by the Dalal Street Investment Journal Group and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is accredited by SAQS. IFIM College nurtures and supports a unique system of education structured on Bangalore University syllabi, combining the tenets of academic excellence and corporate professionalism. IFIM Law College is a co-educational, self-financing first grade college affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubli. The college fosters an atmosphere of intellectual vigor and moral rectitude in which the youth may find their fulfillment and achieve greatness as eminent citizens. It is approved by The Bar Council of India. IFIM Institute of Social Sciences (IFIM ISS) is committed to cultivate leadership traits based on holistic multi-disciplinary quality education through its unique academic delivery of domain knowledge and employability skills with the blend of knowing, doing and being to respond to the challenges of globalization. IFIM ISS has the feel of a friendly hamlet while offering all the benefits of a citadel of learning for the upliftment of the society. The campus for all the IFIM Institutions is strategically located in the heart of Electronics City, Bangalore, with well-planned infrastructure and resources. The strength of IFIM institutions emanates from its well qualified and experienced faculty drawn from top academic institutions and eminent companies of the world. The mission of IFIM institution is to nurture socially responsible and continuously employable professionals.
For more information about IFIM visit www.ifimbschool.com / www.ifim.edu.in
20th Year Celebrations Launched at IFIM Business School on Founder’s Day by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar
Friday 20th February 2015, Bangalore: IFIM B School on the occasion of the Founder’s Day launched the 20th year celebrations themed ‘20 years of transformation’ today. Chief Guest for the event was His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar, Founder of Art of Living who blessed and inaugurated the celebrations and spoke elaborately on Leadership and Management. The Guest of Honour was Mr. Ashish Chauhan, MD & CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange. Also present on the occasion were Mr. V. B. Padode, Chairman - Centre for Developmental Education (CDE) Society and Chief Editor - Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ), Dr. R. S. Nirjar, Executive Chairman - Board of Governors, Vice Chancellor (Retd.) Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida (UP), Padma Bhushan Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Founder- HCL & Former Chairman- HCL Infosystems Ltd, Dr. V. A. Sastry, Director - The National Stock Exchange, Mr. Sanjay Padode, Secretary - CDE Society, Bangalore, Mr. Mike Shah, President & CEO - M. S. Enterprises, Bangalore, Mr. Rajesh Padode, Joint Managing Director - DSIJ Pvt. Ltd., Pune, Mr. Rakesh Bamzai, SVP & President Commercial India and Emerging Markets, Mylan Pharmaceuticals Ltd among others.
The inaugural event showcased the journey of the business school over the last 19 years in nurturing and developing management professionals who have gone on to excel in their various business assignments in India and abroad. The celebration brought together alumni, former directors, deans, faculty and current students, faculty members, administration, leadership teams and others who have helped create the brand IFIM Business School. IFIM felicitated all those who contributed to its growth story. The evening ended with a cultural show.
Speaking at the inauguration of the 20th Year Celebration of the IFIM B School, H H Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said, “The most important aspect of leadership is to let go of control and surrender with childlike innocence. A true leader has qualities of compassion, sacrifice, care, determination, humility and leads by example creating leaders and not followers. Everybody is bigger than their problems and they should have faith that only the best will happen to them when their intention is pure. In the current competitive world, talent and inner strength enable one to gain a larger understanding of life, where winning or losing takes the backstage. On business, he said money can become the central point of business when it is within the boundary of ethics. Healthy food habits, exercise, meditation and relaxation help an individual gain the right balance between business and life” he added.
Mr. V B Padode added “I feel extremely gratified that the seeds sown two decades ago have grown and are yielding best of fruits for the all-round benefit of corporates and society at large”.
The year-long celebration themed on “Transformation” will feature various events beginning with the launch event on 20th February with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, followed by Kanyathon 2015 on March 8th at Cubbon Park. It is the fourth edition of the walkathon with over 5000 people, conducted yearly by IFIM B School since 2011 to support women empowerment and save the girl child program and host of lectures, CSR initiatives, Public Private Partnership projects, programs in association with Lion’s Club International, etc. The theme also incorporates transforming the environment and giving back to society. Further plans include ‘transformation series’ which involves talks on leadership and entrepreneurship from industry giants, motivational speakers and self-made businessmen. Additionally, the Institute’s CSR team has taken upon itself a project called “Shiksha Aadhar” to educate the less privileged, and for this very purpose, the IFIM hostel’s library has been chosen as the venue for a new coaching center.
FOND MEMORIES : 17TH FOUNDER’S DAY AT IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL
“Opportunities do not come knocking on your door; you have to go out and look for them” - Prof. R S Nirjar, Executive Chairman IFIM Business School
Inaugural ceremony- Sh. V. B. Padode doing the honors
IFIM Business School celebrated its 17th Founder’s Day on Tuesday the 14th February 2012, amid presence of renowned Industry stalwarts and eminent personalities from Academia. The ceremony commenced with lighting the lamp by honorable dignitaries and guests of honors and our founder Chairman - Sh. V.B Padode. This was followed a unique “Oath taking” ceremony by all the students of the 2010 - 12 batch, the handing over of the baton by the Seniors to their Juniors, a change of command for the Student’s council and the Commitment to carry on the values, ethics, integrity and humility in all their dealings as graduates passing out from an institute like IFIM. This was followed by a formal welcome by Dr. B. P. Pethiya, Director IFIM.
Thanks to all who built this institute- Sh. Sanjay Padode
An ever juvenile and unforgettable occasion that offered IFIM management too the opportunity of felicitating all the important stakeholders, who had extended their wholehearted support and were instrumental in setting up this modern campus in Electronics City, that has helped IFIM in attracting the best Management faculty, as well as high quality students. “Goes without saying, this is a feather forever in our cap that has and will play a vital role in building IFIM into a world class Institution, in the decade ahead”. The Founder’s day is a very important day in any institution” said Shri Sanjay Padode, Secretary, Centre for Developmental Education (CPD), which runs IFIM. It celebrates the far sighted vision and the dedication of the founder, as well as a day to celebrate the achievement of new milestones and sow new dreams. A really perceptive, well focused and brilliantly crafted presentation was made by him about achievement of IFIM over the years.
Student Prithu Jain receiving the ward from Sh. V. B. Padode
The founder and Chairman of IFIM Business School – Shri V.B. Padode shared his views on three main subjects that are uppermost in the minds of all of us today, ie inclusive Growth and Development, Corruption and Black money, which is growing like cancer and is prevalent in all sections of our society and Moral values and humility. He congratulated Student Mr. Sabari Girish & Namrata Hegde for wining the Mr. and Ms. Personality award respectively while on the other side all hands went up in the air applauding for Mr. Raju Pujari, Porf. S. Manoharan and Simant Arun for wining Star Staff, Star Faculty and Best Alumni awards respectively in their respective categories. He mentioned that he was keen to encourage, honour and reward people, who had achieved and brought laurels to the Institute. This was an award created and conferred upon the achievers for the first time in the history of IFIM.
Making a point- Mr Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director of TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR INDIA
Mr Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director of TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR INDIA congratulated and appreciated the efforts of the Management and the students in building up IFIM to the envious position that it is in today. He compared the achievements of IFIM to the various excellent processes at TOYOTA, saying that both organizations have played a good part in developing good Managers and making excellent Institutions.
I am impressed!!!-.Rakesh Bamzai , Chief Marketing Officer of BIOCON Limited
Rakesh Bamzai , Chief Marketing Officer of BIOCON Limited said “The performance of students of IFIM, recruited by BIOCON in the last 3 years has been at par with the students from the top Business Schools like the IIMs, XLRI, ISB, etc. He also said “I have no hesitation in accepting and saying that the day is not far off, when the students of IFIM Business School would be the first choice of top organizations in India and abroad.
Dr. R S Nirjar being felicitated by Sh. V. B. Padode
A thought provoking and powerful speech by Prof. Nirjar highlighted that the current educational system was cultivating mediocrity and curbing creativity and did not focus on the holistic development of the students. Opportunities do not come knocking on your doors; you have to go out and look for them. So create opportunities. We need honest and bold people as leaders in our Government, so that corruption which restricts the growth of the economy is brought under control.
The words of Wisdom- Sh. V. B. Padode with Panelists during the discussion
Last but not the least “THE PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE STATE OF THE INDIAN ECONOMY: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES” started off with a big bang and was triggered off by the Students of IFIM. The Panel had eminent experts from both Academia and Industry stalwarts. Mr. Sandeep Singh : DMD of TOYOTA said poor infrastructure and rampant corruption was restricting the growth of the Indian economy. He concluded by saying that a strong political was needed to make our economy strong.
The highlight of the closing ceremony was the crisp cultural show presented by the students of IFIM, which included some creative films by the students, which won them the 3rd prize at the all India level. On the whole it was a very successful programme and was highly appreciated by one and all.
Monitoring Cell for Ragging
Mr. Raju Poojary
Manager –Student Counselling Services
Email: [email protected]
Cell for atrocities Against Women
Mr. Raju Poojary
Manager –Student Counselling Services
Email: [email protected]