IFIM Business School
About IFIM Business School
Established in 1995, IFIM Business School, Bangalore, is currently amongst the top 6 Business Schools in India to have been awarded the AACSB accreditation. IFIM is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS), and is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Various programmes at IFIM includes (1) Two-year full-time residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management with options to do Major in Marketing, Finance, Digital Business, Analytics, HRM and International Business (2) PGDM (Data Science), (3) PGDM for Working Professionals. Actively engaged in research and consulting, IFIM hosts several Centres of Excellence such as AIM-Parasuraman Centre of Service Excellence and Centre for Consulting in Digital Leadership. IFIM has an elite set of international academic partners including leading institutes such as ESCP-London, Darden Business School (University of Virginia) and McCombs Business School (University of Texas at Austin). IFIM Business School has four distinct anchors that support its overall educational philosophy:
- Grooming T shaped professionals with a unique curriculum aligned to the needs of industry 4.0.
- A mix of recent PhD trained and experienced practice oriented best-in-class faculty.
- Global connect with partnerships with world renowned business schools offering super-specialisations in new-age courses.
- Industry connect programmes to groom “Beyond Tomorrow” professionals.
- 6th Business School in India to receive the prestigious AACSB International accreditation.
- Ranked 28th in India by Business Today 2018 – only institute to jump 20 places.
- India’s 1st Business School to set up a Digital Business academic area.
- One of the strongest Finance and Marketing faculty in the country.
- Pioneer of India’s only service excellence index (index of Service Excellence in India – iSEI)
- IFIM’s Research Incubation Program figured on AACSB’s ‘innovations that inspire’ list of 2019 for Asia Pacific region.
- Only Business School to offer a Bespoke Curriculum model which provides a tailor-made learning path for each student.
- Super Specialisation - A unique opportunity for students to study the most relevant and contemporary subject from top business schools in the world. A 10-credit program curated for a multi-generational cohort consisting of students and executives for learning by solving real life problems at our partner global schools Darden School of Business (University of Virginia), McCombs School of Business (University of Texas, Austin) and ESCP London to groom ‘T’ shaped professionals for next-gen roles in next-gen industries.
- 33% of the curriculum comprises of Practice Course.
- The fastest Business School to complete 100% placements in 2018
- A wellness and personality/communication centric program to nurture life skill and lifestyle in each student is integrated into the curriculum.
Mission and Vision
Spirit, Values & Quality Policy
Our Spirit - Inspired Family Igniting Minds
Inspired Family - A purpose driven, peak performing, well-knit family of students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and management.
Igniting Minds - Energizing and stimulating the quest for learning to be continuously employable.
- Genuine Transparency
- Unity through Belonging
- Relentless pursuit of perfection
- Unstoppable Dynamism
Board Of Governors
Industry- led Board of Studies
Internationalisation Advisory Board (IAB)
The economic engine of the country is firing all cylinders. To continuously grow at the desired rate in excess of 8% year on year, it is essential to equip the industry with trained and qualified human resources. IFIM Business School was founded in the post liberalisation era to fulfil this need. The school has served the nation for the last 20 years and has provided the industry with business leaders who are poised to lead the nation into the 21st century.
This journey of 20 years has established IFIM Business School as one of the oldest private schools in the country which has consistently ranked amongst the top 50 in the country. This consistency has been achieved by investing into better faculty year on year and by creating world class infrastructure to impart learning of the highest order.
I credit this success to the faculty of the school which has been continuously endeavouring to innovate on the pedagogy by adopting the best practices available globally. A lot of this has been made possible by some our globally acclaimed partner institutions who helped mentor the school to maintain its ranking amongst the best. The Industry Internship Program offered by IFIM Business School helps our students experience a corporate environment during their tenure as students and helps them prepare for the real world experience. This has been appreciated by the industry as they are able to source “Ready Managers” from this business school. The 100% placement record of the school for the past so many years stands testimony to the success of this program.
The school prepares the student to manage work life balance efficiently. This is done by integrating wellness and personality development into the rigour of the academics. A well looked after physical self definitely helps our students enhance their endurance levels making them long term goal seekers. This coupled with a polished exterior makes them assets for the corporate world.
I am extremely proud to be associated with this institution as I can see the 20 year dream turn to reality of creating business leaders who are all set to Get Ahead in their lives and their respective careers.
With best wishes,
C D E Society
Rankings and Awards
Latest Ranking and Ratings
IFIM Business School took a break from Indian Rankings for a period of two years since December 31, 2018. IFIM was ranked 28th in India by Business Today 2018 – only institute to jump 20 places in a year.
Approvals and Accreditation
Centers of Excellence
“Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better” - Pat Riley.
In order to become great leaders, it is absolutely essential to inculcate, within students, the habit of striving for the best. In areas of stiff competition - ability, attitude and endurance are true indicators of a student’s potential. As these factors become our area of focus, IFIMB enhances a student’s learning experience by further improving given facilities. Each centre is steered by a Chairperson who is elected among the faculty members.
The Centre for Continuous Employability assists students with career counseling, placements and internships; in addition to managing alumni, corporate relations and innovations in Executive Education.
The Centers of Excellence in Entrepreneurship Development helps students and aspiring entrepreneurs with training, mentoring and incubation of start-ups.
IFIM Business School aims to be the most sought after destinations for quality management education and hence in line with this vision, the centers of Excellence for Entrepreneurship Development envisages the following:
Vision: The center aspires to be one of the most sought-after destinations for budding entrepreneurs. The center envisages the percolation of entrepreneurial mindset across the institute leading to a thriving ecosystem for nurturing entrepreneurship.
In line with the mission of IFIM to nurture holistic, socially responsible and continuously employable professionals, the institute’s agenda is to create an ecosystem that allows students to develop into enterprising citizens. This entails creating opportunities for students to learn, experiment and execute their ideas for business ventures that add value to their own environments.
Mission: The Center aims to build an empowering ecosystem that freely admits and nurtures candidates with entrepreneurial mindset by helping them set-up ventures, learn from experiential pedagogy and obtain access to legal, financial and mentoring support.
In pursuit of building such a system, the centers of Excellence - Entrepreneurship Development (COE - ED) at IFIM will pursue the following objectives –
- Increase number and strengthen quality of entrepreneurial activities on the campus (short terms and long term ventures, campus ventures, talks, panels, workshops etc) to allow percolation of entrepreneurial focus across all programs.
- Cultivate an ecosystem of supporting mentors, financiers and legal aids.
- Develop instructive programs that enable budding entrepreneurs to make educated decisions.
- Develop innovative pedagogies for training entrepreneurs.
- Develop intellectual capital in the area of entrepreneurship in terms of research, study materials and instruction materials including but not restricted to cases, exercises, activities and simulations.
- Develop a self-sustaining incubation center.
The CoE – Entrepreneurship Development pursues its objectives in three main verticals -
- An important pillar of the center is the intellectual capital developed by means of courses and programs offered by the institute. The center aims to attract entrepreneurial minds through the specialized courses offered to students inclined towards entrepreneurship. The idea is to nurture and kindle these minds in to setting up and growing ventures.
- The central pillar of the center is the incubation center which facilitates and houses the potential start-up entrepreneurs to experiment with their ventures.
- The third function of the center is to develop a network of experts as mentor, advisors, funder to help incubatees with successfully launching their ventures.
The Centers of Excellence in Banking is a knowledge forum imparting understanding about best practices in banking to students and the industry.
The Centers of Excellence in Business Analytics helps people understand how to manage large amounts of data and subsequent pattern analysis, opening up a plethora of career options like business analysts, data scientists, information analysts and project managers across verticals.
The Centre for Research guides creation of intellectual capital through publication of papers, development of case studies and presentations at academic conferences.
The V.B. Padode Centre for Sustainability provides a forum for students to undertake CSR and community projects.