Dr. Asit Kumar Barma
Professor & Chairperson - Marketing Area
Dr. Asit contributes in the intersection of industry consulting, teaching and research, and help institutes respond to industry 4.0. He has over 30 years of industry and academic experience having played senior leadership roles in CMC (formerly IBM & now TCS); Tech Mahindra; Hinduja Tech; Value Labs. Dr. Asit helped industries reap the benefit of digital technology to create digital commerce, superior customer experiences, stakeholder engagements and build compelling brands across various industry domains. During his career, Asit has architected the making of several successful corporate brands and received recognitions from many global industry analysts. Prior to IFIM, Prof Asit taught at IMT Ghaziabad as a professor in marketing area. He is also a visiting faculty to IIM Kashipur.
The subjects he teaches include Digital Business Strategy, Digital Marketing, Service Process Quality and Productivity, IT Sales and Marketing, CRM, Behavioural Science, Marketing Strategy. Besides teaching PGDM and Executive students, Prof Asit leads two important initiatives – 1) He is working with the Guru of Services Marketing, Dr. A Parasuraman of University of Miami to lead the project of Index of Service Excellence in India (ISEI) on the similar line as the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) or Service Excellence Index in Singapore (SEISg); 2) He is chairing the institute’s Industry Internship Program, particularly in new technology areas.
On the board of multiple national and international industry bodies, Prof. Asit built and sustained strong relationships with stakeholders in varied business ecosystems. He has been instrumental in guiding CII, FICCI-Tamil Nadu State Council, NASSCOM and the Society of Automotive Engineers in preparing several key concept notes and policy recommendations.
He is a reviewer for an international publication. His research agenda includes Millennials and Gen Z, Customer Experience Management, Service Excellence, Platform Economy.
Educational Qualification :
- Ph. D., Management, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Madras, India
- PGDM, General Management, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- B. Tech, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
- Global Business Leadership Program, Harvard Business Publishing
- Certifications: Certified in Business Analytics by Dun and Bradstreet, Advanced Certification programs conducted by Ivey Business School, Canada; Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad; the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi; XLRI Jamshedpur; Public Relations Society of India, Delhi
- National Scholarship, 1979